Triangle Génération Humanitaire is an International Solidarity Organisation born in 1994 from the desire to develop cross-disciplinary and sustainable expertise. TGH integrates emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development in its programs within a comprehensive approach, using an environmental approach wherever possible.
Under the technical supervision of the Head of Program, the Education Manager is responsible for the implementation and good-quality of all Education activities of Triangle Generation Humanitaire at the base level.
In the course of undertaking tasks, he/she represents TGH on the field with professionalism, honesty, and commitment.
- Oversee the design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up of TGH Education activities in the area of intervention.
- Supervise partner organizations according to TGH partnership agreements or MoU whenever necessary and in coordination with his/her line manager.
Management, monitoring, and continuous improvement of Education activities at the base level
- Plan Education activities in coordination with the Base Manager and Head of Program on monthly basis and plan the activities weekly according to priorities
- Ensure that Education strategy and global plan are implemented under the supervision of the Head of Program
- Carry out a regular needs assessment in the base and be responsible for program monitoring and evaluation (M & E).
- Ensure that distributions of stationaries and school equipment are done in close collaboration with school Headmasters and representatives of the MoE and that a distribution list is systematically signed by all the involved actors
- In coordination with the MoE, deliver quality training to Education actors
- Work in close collaboration with the WASH team to ensure good-quality for all engineering works related to WASH in school activities and plan HP activities in the schools
- Based on the regular needs assessment conducted on the field, identify gaps in terms of Education and suggest relevant activities to cover the needs
- Work in close collaboration with administrative and logistics departments to ensure the most effective use of resources to achieve project objectives and overall goals. This may include traveling or other necessary arrangements for implementing activities, training, workshops, or community meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of cash flow forecasts and monitor to ensure that project activity are delivered within the allocated budget, advising the Head of Program and Base Manager immediately of anticipated possible deviations from the budget
Coordination and Relations with local partners
- Ensure coordination on a base level and participate in TGH internal meetings.
- Attend coordination meetings with external humanitarian partners, line ministries representatives, and/or HAC at the base level
- Attend meeting with community leaders (Sheikhs, Sheikhas) periodically to ensure that our intervention is beneficiary-focused and is sustainable.
- Give the communities a sense of responsibility and ensure the handover of activities to the communities in accordance with the aims and objectives of the Education projects
- Ensure that Education activity beneficiaries and members of the communities targeted by the projects have access to complain mechanisms and in coordination with the Base Manager and Head of Program, provide adequate responses as needed
- Ensure all programs are carried out within project proposal, partner, and government agreement requirements and matches with TGH’s internal procedures and guidelines
Material availability and related processes
- Forecast and plan Education stocks required and raise POs based on Education needs at a base level (update the purchase plan, and cash request).
- Follow up requests and deliveries of materials, stationeries, and equipment required for Education activities, in coordination with log team, and ensures that everything is present at the base before the start of the activity.
- Coordinate with Administration regarding cash requests and expenditures
- Ensure timely submission of monthly follow up reports to the concerned persons and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the reporting.
- Present periodical Education reports depending on the activities carried out and on KRT Coordination Team requirements.
Personal & staff capacity-building:
- Participate actively in the training courses recommended by TGH, and share new skills and knowledge with his/ her team or colleagues and TGH partners (MoE, PTAs, teachers, and any other).
- Take a proactive stance to identify areas requiring development and tailor training as appropriate
Any other tasks assigned by the line or the base manager based on TGH project needs.
And any other tasks assigned by the line manager or technical supervisor related to TGH project implementation needs.
Under the technical supervisor of Head of Program
Line Responsible for: WASH team at a base level (WASH officer, Hygiene & Sanitation officer, and Community Mobilizer officer)
Works in collaboration with: All TGH teams (WASH, Log, Admin, Com mob, CB…)
- BSc degree (Education sciences)or, other rated Degree.
- Post Graduate Diploma will be an asset.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in jobs related to Education, and/or humanitarian project Management.
- At least 2 years of experience in a managerial position.
- Good knowledge of the Sudanese Education system
- Previous experience in the humanitarian sector is required
- Strong computer skills; good knowledge of the Microsoft office pack
- Ability to write and speak fluent English and Arabic
- Excellent program management and planning skills
- Good leadership/team management skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
3. Personal features
- Ability to work in remote and insecure environments
- An honest and hard worker
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision and in a team
- Good interpersonal relationship
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit an application letter, CV, and copies of Academic/experience qualifications to TGH Office, street 37 Amarat Khartoum, Plot No.16 block No 10, or hand-delivered to HAC labor office or through Sudan Job.net
The net salary for this position is 666 USD
Opening date from 17 November 2020 to 30 November 2020