Job category : R&D, project management
Industries : Education, training
Employment type : Fixed-term contract
Region : Khartoum
City : Khartoum
Experience level : 2 to 5 years
Educational level : Bachelor
Spoken language : english›fluent
Number of Position(s) : 1
Job Ad & Profile Description
We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
The Project Coordinator (EES) will support ,EES Projects Manager , Head of EES Sudan and the wider British Council team(s), to deliver an engaging EES programme through delivering a diverse range of English Education projects implemented in country which builds knowledge and understanding between the UK and Sudan by delivering context relevant and impactful activities/programmes.
Main opportunities and challenges for this role:
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge of supporting programme delivery and management and should be experienced in coordinating and providing administrative support to the teams. Experience in managing projects would be an added advantage.
- The postholder will should have the ability to build long term partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring professional relationships with coalition partners and other key players are maintained. You will support the management of financial resources to implement project activity accurately allocated, forecasted, monitored and reported. You will also support the collection, processing and reporting of monitoring and evaluation data gathered from projects in support of Scorecard and other evaluation requirements, as needed.
As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The post-holder will support the EES Project Manager in the implementation of Activities/events/workshops, will co-ordinate venues, consultant logistics, guest lists, transport, accommodation, media coverage and photographers, programme development.
- You will ensure that all financial transactions related to project activity are done to corporate standards; will complete monthly cash flow forecasts for approval and to handle all procurement related to the projects in line with British Council policies and procedures
- Monitor and evaluate Results and Evidence Framework data collected, monitored and submitted in a timely manner for all grant funded activity to ensure that data reflects true reach and impact.
- Evaluation data analyzed, reported and followed. Lessons learned effectively captured, shared with the EES Project Manager.
- Develop and maintain a contacts management database.
- Handle all correspondence related to project work.