The National Democratic Institute (NDI) seeks a Finance and Administration officer to work directly with the senior Finance and Admin manager and to support the finance and admin office.
The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for administrative and finance duties, including: overall implementation and management of administrative tasks; managing and tracking the organization’s finances; ensuring compliance with internal, donor, and Government of Sudan regulations and leases with vendors; A successful candidate will have a minimum of five years’ relevant administrative, finance experience and high level of proficiency with spreadsheet and finance software preferably Quicken .
- Reconcile field office bank accounts from bank statements to accounting department reports on a monthly basis.
- Assemble and reconcile monthly field office financial reports, ensuring financial compliance with award guidelines, NDI policies and procedures, and accurate allocation of program costs.
- Track and reconcile monthly financial reports in Quicken.
- Track petty cash expenditures.
- Review budgets of program events and activities.
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests.
- Review invoices and record project allocations.
- Communicate with designated staff in DC office to reconcile and correct any concerns re: financial systems, processing, documentation, tracking, or compliance.
- Reconcile field office credit card statements on a monthly basis.
- Prepare vouchers and get approval for expenditures
- Maintain security of all financial records.
- Work with program staff to arrange logistics and vendor contracts for program events, ensuring compliance with NDI procurement policy
- Manage leases and rent payments for office and housing of expatriate staff.
- Liaise regularly with NDI subgrantees to ensure high quality and timeliness of financial reports and drawdown requests, provides financial training to their finance staff as needed.
- Maintain working relations with outside accountant firms.
- High level of interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, Sudanese and foreign government personnel, local vendors, and the general public
- Fluent in both Arabic and English and high level of oral and written communication skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and prepare reports in a professional manner
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheet software including Excel and Google Sheets; Quicken experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Minimum five years’ relevant finance and administration experience.