To contribute to daily planning and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNT ABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. To stay abreast of changes to government procedures that affect movement of WFP goods and personnel, and to advise management of any concerns as needed.
2. To provide high quality, customer-focused protocol services to WFP staff and operations, including by obtaining
a. Entry visas and stay permits, MOFA IDs and driver's licenses for WFP staff and their eligible dependents;
b. Customs clearance of shipments of staff member's household effects; and
c. Customs clearance for goods procured internationally by WFP.
3. To ensure high quality and accurate documentation submitted to MOFA, including note verbale and forms.
4. To track and report on all protocol processes, keeping management and clients fully informed of the status of their requests, and to escalate obstacles as needed in order to prevent delays.
5. To maintain well organized records of all WFP'S protocol actions.
6. To maintain effective relationships with counterparts in relevant government bodies.
7. To supervise and manage the performance of junior staff.
8. Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual account abilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Business/Public Administration, or other relevant fields relating to office management and administration.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has gained experience in administration.
• Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise.