International Rescue Committee
- The IT Department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure of the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations. An integral component of this effort is ensuring that Country Programs have the capacity to implement and support these IT initiatives effectively across the country offices and in the field sites.
- Reporting to the deputy director operations (DDO), the IT officer (ITO) will provide quality leadership and oversight of all IRC Country Office IT service functions, including assisting and facilitating the installation, configuration, staff training and operations support. A key aspect of this role is ensuring all technology implementations in-country conforms to the global IT policies and procedures hence working closely with the Regional IT director (RITD) is vital. Another key aspect of this role will be to establish an open channel to different working groups across the country program to ensure business needs are met and IT concerns are being addressed in a timely fashion.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience with NGOs or international organizations.
- Experience working with the following software: Windows 2016 server, Windows 10, MS Office 365, Sophos Anti-Virus.
- Experience with following technologies: LAN, WAN, VSAT [C and KU band], VSAT installer certification preferred.
- Experience in network administration and setup – UNIFI controller user, Cisco Meraki SDWAN.
- Good understanding of Agile project management skills and ITIL/ITSM frameworks and fundamentals.
- Experience in cloud computing principles and sound understanding of centralized user support system – Help desk (Service Now).
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving.