The Radio Operator operates the ICRC’s telecommunications equipment. S/he maintains radio contact and telecommunications between sites, vehicles and people so that the delegation can follow field movements in accordance with its programme and with security rules
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Operate radio communications.
- Monitor and keep track of all movements of ICRC teams in the field and reports orally and in writing to the supervisor.
- Ensure information flow on security-related issues proactively with ICRC Teams.
- Permanent update of ICRC field movements.
- Maintain, attribute when needed and keep track of Radio Room ICT equipment and report malfunction when required.
- Answers and redirect calls outside of working hours when switchboard operators are not working and ensure all information collected is transmitted to the concerned.
- Maintain a detailed incident log for security updates and prepare situational reports.
- Provide basic administrative support for field operations if required.
- Act promptly in the event of an emergency and contact relevant managers
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school
- Good geographical knowledge of the assigned environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Good computer skills.
- Vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT or similar field an asset.
Working language: English
Deadline for applying: 25/09/2021
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their complete files only in English (CV, motivation letter and certificate) on Sudanjob.net website
- The recruitment office will not consider any applications which are not received directly on Sudanjob.net
- The selected candidates will be subject to a reference checks.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.