The Registration Assistant is a member of the registration team in the Protection Unit in Kadugli and is supervised by and reports to the Registration Associate in Sub Office Kadugli.
The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which includes enrollment of IDPs in ProGres and Biometrics Identity Management System (BIMs) to enable introduction of tools that enhance programme assurance, efficiency and effectiveness in addition to functions related to reception, filing and data management. The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Enrollment of IDPs in ProGres and BIMs.
- Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all household and individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Timely and accurate registration including enrollment and documentation as stated above.
- Other allocated tasks assigned are completed timely
4. Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Social science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management
- Excellent knowledge of English, local language and context
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
- Excellent computer skills, and relevant software packages,
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software and BIMs.
- Organizational awareness
- Analytical thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration
Cross functional competencies:
- Technological Awareness:
- Planning and Organizing:
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Candidate Assessments may include a written examination followed by a Competency Based Interview.