The Senior Registration Assistant is a member of the registration team in the Protection Unit in Kadugli and technically reports to the Registration Associate and under overall supervision of the Protection Officer in Sub Office Kadugli.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting all field activities of the biometric enrolment team including enrollment of IDPs in ProGres and Biometrics Identity Management System (BIMs) to enable introduction of tools that enhance programme assurance, efficiency and effectiveness in addition to functions related to reception, filing and data management. The Senior Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
In addition, the Senior Registration Assistant may act as the officer in charge of the Registration sub-unit.
- Provide on-site technical support to the assigned registration team.
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individuals and registration groups.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation, when required
- Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Decide on the data recorded in database.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents and escalate issues to the supervisor if incident cannot be resolved within the scope of responsibility.
- Monitoring and Progress Controls
- UNHCR's Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
- Timely and accurate registration and documentation provided to the refugees.
- Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Social science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience.
- Experience in working with UNHCR PRIMES tools (RAPP, BIMS, GDT, DataPort).
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language and context.
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Excellent computer skills, and relevant software packages,
Required Cross-Functional Competencies
- Analyses information and data, and forms recommendations based on logical conclusions.
- Actively pursues technological solutions to work tasks; seeks training when needed.
- Demonstrates good organization of time in project management and accomplishing daily tasks.
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Organizational awareness
- Analytical thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client & Result Orientation
Cross functional competencies:
- Technological Awareness:
- Planning and Organizing:
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Candidate Assessments may include a written examination followed by a Competency Based Interview.