- Banking/Financial Services/Accounting Job role - Accounting/Finance/Audit
- Administration/Secretarial/Office Support Specialty - Information technology/Software
Job Description / Responsibilities
Supplier Relationship Management specialist
The role exists to support and manage, control, and optimize IT supplier Sourcing Strategy, IT supplier Relationship Management, and IT supplier Performance and Risk Management. The role’s primary focus is to lead the in-program Supplier Relationship Management functions for a set of strategic programs within the company. For these programs to be successful, we implement carefully selected components of the supplier management practice specific to the program working very closely with the program team.
The role requires candidates with proven experience in IT, supplier management, and supplier negotiations. As a member of the team, the role will be responsible for creating strong partnerships with suppliers and internal program colleagues to ensure there is a trustful and collaborative relationship between all parties to enable successful delivery. This role will work closely with respective Supplier Relationship Managers who own the day-to-day relationship with each partner. This role is part of the most dynamic and strategically important function within the Company and will gain exposure to senior leaders across a wide variety of business organizations.
Activities include the following in the context of the programs in scope: IT Strategy and Partner Alignment and Execution; supplier relationship management, supplier performance management (working with the respective program teams); customer surveys, and other feedback processes. In addition, this role will include working very closely with Group Procurement and Legal on related strategic supplier negotiations and managing the related contracts (including Deliverables & Obligations, Contract Interpretation, Dispute Resolution, etc).
- The role requires a strong commercial IT leader with a good understanding of the management of costs, experience with sourcing strategy, procurement, and commercial agreements.
- Strategy Alignment: Working with the relevant program stakeholders and procurement, drive the formulation of the program 3rd partnership strategy in alignment with the specific and designated strategic program strategy (e.g., cost, control, risk, speed, captive vs owned).
- Objectives and Scoping: Strategic program-driven, evaluating whether a process should be in-or outsourced and clarifying sourcing objectives (e.g., quality, cost, flexibility, risk) so that expectations are clearly understood and established.
- Supplier Engagement Strategy: Develop and implement appropriate ongoing supplier engagement strategy based on results of supplier analysis and portfolio analysis, develop recommendations for the optimal approach to be taken for the supplier portfolio and the individual suppliers within the program.
- Supplier Communications and Relationship Management: Plan and manage communications approach with each and collective ecosystem of suppliers (inc internal organization, supplier organization, mapping of relationships, meetings plan, review points, external marketing of relationship, basic rules of engagement, etc).
- Manages the vendor relationship including determining in scope and out of scope work, working through any interpretation of contract terms, and monitoring/reviewing SLA adherence.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of IT or related experience in supplier management and supplier negotiation
- At least 3 years of experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with Partners/ Vendors / IT Suppliers
- Experience understanding customer's business processes/drivers and informational needs.
- Experience in working with business and technical leadership teams.
- At least 2 years of experience defining, measuring, and delivering Partner / Supplier Key Performance Indicators.
- Experience from projects of activities in technology development and building product roadmaps in a large corporate environment.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience facilitating technology partnerships and collaborating with suppliers from executives to account executives.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within the state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline and/or MBA
- Project Management certificate
- Extensive Procurement Experience of working within a procurement team
- Strong Governance Background with third party suppliers